2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me

Anybody fishing ?

Haven't saw any posts this year, anybody got to get on the water lately? If so, what's the water temp?
    This time of the year I usually fish Coneross and up towards the college...hoping to get out this weekend IF the weather cooperates.
    Here in WNC they're calling for a winter mix.

Receiving Treatment, Forum Addict Dennis Morgan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!Devil's Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk309 View Post
    Haven't saw any posts this year, anybody got to get on the water lately? If so, what's the water temp?
    This time of the year I usually fish Coneross and up towards the college...hoping to get out this weekend IF the weather cooperates.
    Here in WNC they're calling for a winter mix.
    i havent seen any post for a few months back when wkelly made one. i have not been out lately. i guess all the fish have died or the fishermen did or both. you are fishing in some good areas.
    good fishing
    Dennis Morgan

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    Not been out. Kicked the tires on the trailer as I was walking by it yesterday saying they need some air before I haul it down to the shop for its annual or semi annual maintenance. Finishing up woodcock season and then hope to get out and up the river in February. There have been some beautiful calm glass pond mornings in the last week or so and it sure was inviting. I won't be a stranger once I get going again this year.

But Dennis, you may be right. The fish may all be dead or at least the ones we want to chase. I never heard the final report of this past summers fish kill. I also did not fish in August this year so I did not see them floating first hand like I did last year. Anyone have any intel on last years fish kill.

Good luck all.

Receiving Treatment, Forum Addict Dennis Morgan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!Devil's Advocate
    keywest
    this past year was somewhat on the bad side, lots of dead fish mostly on the bottom. when one goes and fishes all night and don't catch any there is a problem. take a look at the post of the striper tourments and you will see small weigh in. an 8 lb. would win all. there was a 4 lb. big fish. what does this indicate??????
    good fishing
    Dennis Morgan

Not Yet Addicted, Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    Bad year for me too. I've been fishing Hartwell for 20 yrs and even thru slow times, have always caught stripers/hybrids from Feb to Nov. from Coneross and north. This year I got to fish probably 8 trips. Didn't fish any after the 4th of July, just too hot. I mostly troll year round. I did not catch any stripers/hybrids....0...0. Sure hope this year is better...it can't get any worse than zero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Exactly Dennis. I few months ago I went back and looked at the tourney results from the last several years. Two things stood out like a sore thumb. First, the number of boats participating in the club declined every year. And Second, the 'big fish' weight dropped steadily every year as well. Like you said, the largest fish caught last year was in the 8lb range.

Well, here is something positive. Last weekend's tourney caught two fish over 10 lbs. And I don't mean additive. The largest was almost 18 lbs and the other was around 11 lbs. Unless I misunderstood the posted results, i believe this is good news. john

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast 91tiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements A Little Bird Told MeHappy Anniversary!
    I haven't fished Hartwell since last spring so I can't tell you anything current. But I have been fishing Clarks Hill and Murray every weekend. And I can report that fishing has been extremly tough since the big cold rain on 12/23. It was wide open up until then but an extremely heavy 37'degree rain will do wonders to ruin good fishing. I'm still catching fish but I'm having t cover a ton of water to find them and there are virtually no shallow fish. I fish artificial so it's all jigging spoons for me but for the successful live bait guys it been down rods deeper than 38 feet in clearer waters. I've gotten some as deep as 70 feet. My guess is exactly the same thing is the case on Hartwell. Hope this helps you.
    Thanks wkelly, keywest, Dennis Morgan thanked for this post

Knock Knock, Welcome Aboard!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!A Little Bird Told Me
    Went out on Saturday Feb. 1st and trolled some Herring around the Coneross area, red banks and Martins creek. Marked some stuff but did not get a taker. Had a few large mouth play with the bait but did not hook up. Was way too windy to stay too long though. Hope the numbers pick up some in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the report Magoo5. Better luck next time. johns