0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements A Little Bird Told Me

New to Hartwell Lake but frustrated on finding fish

Hi fellow fishermen. I am new to the area and just started fishing on lake hartwell and I have found myself really frustrated. Maybe someone can help me out. I'm putting my boat in off Interstate 85 and marina Rd in Anderson at Portman Marina.

There is soooo much traffic in that area that fishing is impossible in any type of deeper waters as that is where the boat traffic is. I'm a new boat owner so maybe I'm just not going about this the right way. Should I be taking my boat several miles up or down the lake to get away from the recreational areas or what? The water in that area is never really calm either.

I am open to any advice from the experienced boaters here as I am still learning how to use my boat more effectively.

On a side note, I do have the depth and fishfinder gear from hummingbird but I just never seem to find any fish in that area.

Thanks guys!

Red Carpet, Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    This time of year you should try down by the dam. There is a park and launch area on the Georgia side of the dam. It is $5 to launch a boat there. The fish should be deep. Hope this helps you.