Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Posting GuruLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!
    Thanks keywest thanked for this post

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    the above article is not completely accurate and does not tell the entire story. The cause is know, and there are several solutions to the problem but the author did not want to throw the COE under the bus. You can read a rather lengthy interpretation of the data on the cause of the two most recent fish kills on the Striper Board. I have also listed a few solutions to the cause. One solution i did not mention is to stop producing power when the critical habitat zone is in eminent danger of disappearing. However, this will never happen as water IN equals water OUT through the turbines for power generation. I don't think you will ever be able to get the dam operators to stop producing for a Put and Take fishery. Most likely the only way to preserve this critical zone is through legal grounds and subsequent mitigation. Good luck with that. I hope I did not break any rules on this website. I find it very informative and would like to remain active on this site.
    Thanks wkelly thanked for this post

Catching on every cast, Legend wkelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Posting GuruLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!
    Keywest I agree with you-- there will not be a big concern about the striper fishery since that role for Lake Hartwell is not on the map for the COE, and it would actually take an act of congress to change hartwells' primary designation as a power lake. This issue always comes up when the lake levels drop and dock are sitting on rocks. the COE's current answer to that problem has been to raise the dock permit renewals from $150/5 yrs to $834/5 yrs. So there ya go....
    This thread probably should go elsewhere, so maybe it can be moved to another place?