Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Devil's AdvocateHappy Anniversary!

2019 Spoon Report

Fished on Tuesday evening, May 21 - Caught 0 fish on the Ben Parker Magnum Spoon. Saw very few fish on the fish finder, and the ones I saw were deep (50 ft)

Fished yesterday evening, June 04 - Caught 0 fish on the spoon. Saw a good number of fish, but they were scattered, fish were still very deep around 45-50 ft on average. Usually I see them in 30-40 ft this time of year. Going to try again next week and hope to have some pictures to post afterwards.
    Thanks Dennis Morgan thanked for this post

Receiving Treatment, Forum Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    image000000.jpg

Went back yesterday evening, 6/11. Fish are still really deep. Zeroed for the third time except for switching to bass the last 15 minutes and catching a couple spots. Will try again later.

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast 91tiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements A Little Bird Told MeHappy Anniversary!
    They are deep on the other lakes too. A lot of fish stayed really deep most of the winter and spring too. I had just a handful of days this winter where they were up shallow swirling. Everything was out deep jigging.
    Thanks wkelly, -Bryan thanked for this post

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    bryan, I am always skeptical of a single mark or two being a striper. I also want to see them moving and refer to the graph as looking like spaghetti when I know I am in stripers. Maybe your screen was lit up more before the attached picture but I look for a lot more before I drop a line. Below is the shot I took this past sunday morning. This is what I look for although I will drop a line if I see three or four good marks but again, they have to be moving. It kind of looks like the fish on the bottom of your screen shot is moving so maybe you were on stripers. It has been difficult to find the large schools this year. Confirmation is always holding one in the hand. I will also say, I have been fooled a few times this year with a spaghetti graph of catfish. You and I both have the same sonar unit, Elite-7 Chirp.IMG_5397.jpg

Good luck out there and keep posting results and screen shots too. I think it helps others to know what to look for. john
    Thanks wkelly, -Bryan thanked for this post

Receiving Treatment, Forum Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by keywest View Post
    bryan, I am always skeptical of a single mark or two being a striper. I also want to see them moving and refer to the graph as looking like spaghetti when I know I am in stripers.

Well, that's what I was saying with the picture. If I was on a school I would have a picture of the actual fish. I haven't found them grouped together yet, so I've been forced to drop on a spot where there are 2 or 3 "close" together.

I'm expecting better results next week if I can find time for a trip.
    Thanks wkelly, Dennis Morgan thanked for this post

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    I gottcha Bryan. Better luck next week. I see you were fishing the channel. I have never fished the channel but also rarely fish in the afternoons or evenings anymore. But when I have, I still don't fish the channel. I am checking the same spots I fish in the morning. But I also don't spoon fish or troll u-rigs which I assume is better done in the channels.

I keep thinking I may run into you since I believe you fish out of Clemson. Good luck next week. I hope to fish Sunday morning and think I am going to Coneross area. this may be last time I fish Coneross, depends on how well I do. It's soon time to go downstream. Good luck all. john