Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    Thank for sharing a report. I've had boat issues but am now ready to go. Are the fish still in the river ((Lawrence Bridge)?
    Have you had any luck with trolling silver spoons, or casting to rising fish in the early AM?
    Thanks Croc

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    Not so small on Sunday morning. We caught about 12 lined fish. Only 2 hybrids and the remaining were stripers. Stripers were in the 5-7 lbs class. Hybrids were 3-4lbs. We fished the Coneross and Seneca River confluence in 30-45 fow. Only used down rods with medium sized bait. It was nice to get out again but the wind was a little stiff and it was a little damp first thing. All and all it was a good day to be on the lake on the last day of turkey season. Good luck all.
    Thanks wkelly, Dennis Morgan thanked for this post

Knock Knock, Welcome Aboard!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Went out on Wednesday afternoon for a few hours before dark really looking for Spots and Largemouth. Fished around Portman Marina and the mouth of the Seneca creek checking the long points near deep water. Ran across a couple different schools of Hybrids in about 30 fow. Only one Striper in the mix, but it sure was fun to see the depth finder light up. Mixed sizes, but mostly smaller fish. They all went back in the water for someone else to fight.
    Thanks wkelly, keywest thanked for this post
    Likes 91tiger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    I plan on fishing Saturday and Sunday morning. Not sure where I am going yet. I'll post results on Monday

Anyone else out there catching lined fish? How about posting some basic info for the good of us all. How deep was the water and where were the fish withing the water column. Up the rivers, midlake or big water would be helpful too. Not asking for your numbers. Just basic info. Thanks, john

Not Yet Addicted, Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Had a few hours last Sat evening so i went out to pull some umbrellas. Checked the Seneca side from the old pump house(Martin crk) up to Cherry Bridge and several passes all thru the coal yard areas. Very few on the fish finder...no hits. This area usually has fish year round. This was probably my third weekend in that area and very disappointed...there's no fish. I just can't find 'em this year.
    Thanks keywest thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you Blackhawk309 for the report. Even reports of poor fishing are helpful. I had just suggested to a friend to try under the JP Stevens bridge tomorrow night because they wanted to fish at night. I used to have good success under that bridge up to about mid June but that was a few years ago. With your report, I am going to suggest they try somewhere else.

anyone have any suggestions for night fishing?

Last weekend we found fish in the Coneross/Seneca River confluence area which is not that far from the JP bridge. Going to midlake tomorrow morning on the Tugaloo side. Good luck all.

Catching on every cast, Legend wkelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Posting GuruLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!
    I was up at my cabin sunday-- never got out to fish, but the kids next door were swimming and splashing around, which means the surface temp in my creek has been climbing and due to graduations and funerals, I've probably missed the best days of spring this year. What temps are folks seeing out in the lake? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Water temp was 78 Sunday morning at Oconee point. And thankful that it was as I had to slip into the water just after sunrise to put my hull plug in. Yep, left the plug out. Noticed my deck plug was out and then it dawned on me the hull plug was not in either. OOOPs.

Stripers were a range of sizes from peanuts to an 8 lber. Caught a fair number of spots too. Fished in 20-30 FOW

Saturday we fished bottom of Tugaloo and below the Seneca Tugaloo confluence. We only caught peanuts. A few other guides around and I didn't see them stay anywhere very long. They must have been struggling too. Best of luck.
    Thanks wkelly thanked for this post

Catching on every cast, Legend wkelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Posting GuruLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!
    Finally got out this weekend, only to realize that one of my trolling motor batteries was dying, so we had to run the engine and bump it into and out of gear to get a drift downlining. Saw very few fish and only caught a nice spotted bass before I decided it wasn't worth messing up the transmission. Tried pulling a u-rig to no avail. There were a number of boats gathered at the end of the long island at the river forks, but didn't want to pull in there and grind gears.
    It was truly one of those days-- as we were getting ready to go get bait, I noticed some leaves in the engine cowl vent-- turned out to be birds nest-- eggs included-- that was stuck way down inside the cowling. Took 30 minutes with a coat hanger and leaf blower to get it all out. Water was 82 deg-- perfect for swimming, not so good for stripers. Getting worried that it's already this warm and not even June yet..... Hope someone was catching this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Fished Saturday morning at confluence of Coneross and Seneca River. We did fairly well, we caught 21 ranging in size from 3-6lbs. Went back Monday morning and had to search a little harder but found fish. Unfortunately they were peanuts. We still caught about 30. Butt we managed to catch 7 species. A blue and channel cat, a crappie, spotted bass, white perch, large mouth bass and a bunch of small peanut stripers or hybrids. So it could have been 8 species.

We ended up using all of our hearing and had a bunch of minnows in with the hearing so we used them. The hooks we were using were nearly as large as the minnows and we still managed to catch the peanuts. Also caught a few on some orange minnows. they may have been golden shinners or golden fatheads. Point being we caught the same 12 inch fish on one inch minnows and 5 inch hearing.

Get out there and post your results.

Have a great day. john
    Thanks wkelly thanked for this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast