Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    sunday morning in Coneross creek caught my largest striper of the year. A whopping 9 lb. Also pulled in a 5 lb blue cat. Tough fishing Sunday. Only caught 4 stripers. Seems like most of the schooling marks I find end up being catfish. And catfish go through the bait fast.

Catching on every cast, Legend wkelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Posting GuruLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!
    I happened across a minor school of 5-8 lb stripes sunday morning near little beaver dam in a spot that usually works for me in the fall but almost never in the summer. Had numerous pull downs and hooked 5 stripes within 30-40 mins; a nice little spaghetti pattern on the graph. Despite the obvious activity below me, the action was still less crazy than I expected-- had 4 rods out and each time only one went down at a time and I usually had time to bring in a fish and/or re-bait between hits. Could be I caught the tail end of the feed, but I was surprised that i wasn't having to leave a rod or two out of the water to avoid chaos. In either case, a decent father's day. Fishing at 25-35 ft in 45-65 ft of water w/bluebacks and downlines. Can't recall the water temp but probably cooler than the last time I was out.
    Thanks keywest, Dennis Morgan thanked for this post
    Likes 91tiger liked this post

Headed to Rehab, Forum Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements I'm Not Alone!Happy Anniversary!A Little Bird Told Me
    Saturday was a rough morning trying to get to a landing. First try was Saddler's Creek but a tree was blocking the landing so we proceeded to Singing pines. A huge tree was blocking hwy 29 with one car crashed into and through it. Luckily we were not the first to find the tree.

We fished the GA side across from Saddlers Creek and only marked a few scattered fish and set up on them. Nothing ever lit up the screen but we managed a steady bite until about 9AM. At 9:30 we moved down into Powderbag and was not able to mark any fish but put our lines down anyway. We had several pull downs and a few hook ups that we didn't get to the boat. We only landed one fish at PB fishing over 75 FOW. Ended up landing 15 hybrids in the 3.5-5 lb range and two stripers in the same size class. With the way this years has been, I felt it was a very successful trip.

A reminder of the Striper general meeting tonight, 6:30 Anderson Civic Center with the GADNR, SCDNR and CORE
    Thanks wkelly, Dennis Morgan thanked for this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234