Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Let's Talk...Happy Anniversary!

Baitcaster and Spinning Reel Service

I have a number of fishing reels that I would like torn down and cleaned up and greased/oiled. Considering my schedule and free time is limited (and when I get free time I want to be fishing not servicing) I am looking for a recommended individual or local company that comes through first hand referral. Name, phone number and last prices paid for service would be greatly appreciated. If for any reason you don't want to post the info for all then please just PM me the details. Thanks.

On the boat fishing, Hero larryb227's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!Script WriterThree's a CrowdDevil's Advocate
    Mike, The only one I am familiar with is Carolina Reels. Tommy can be contacted here 864 231 5914 and you can drop your repairs off at Lake Hartwell Fishing & Marine (use to be Garretts) and he'll pick them up and deliver then there. Can't talk prices and don't know how quick he is. HTH
    Good Fishing
    LarryB
    K&L Electronix.com
    Minn Kota ASC

Post Count 178

Catching on every cast, Legend wkelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Achievements Posting GuruLet's Talk...Happy Anniversary!I'm Not Alone!
    This is a late response to this post, but maybe others have the same question.

A guy on the Lanier board posted this place a while ago: Cow Harbor Tackle - COW HARBOR HOME
    Here's what he said about them:

"I sent 4 Penn Levelwinds and a Daiwa to these guys, only 10 bucks a reel plus parts to clean, lube, and repair. Ended up getting charged around 20 bucks per reel including shipping. Some reels required parts including a line counter part They replaced all the drag washers and cleaned them like new. They feel like brand new reels. Worth every penny and even fixed one I thought was surely dead."

I usually repair and service my own reels, and have found the following place to be excellent for getting the right part for about any reel, good prices, fast shipping: Tuna's Reel Troubles Store